Sunday, February 08, 2009

I Feel Like Going To Church - Abbot Kinney Lighthouse Choir - Trouble of this World

This is in my mind a perfect example of a gospel blues song. Note how the drums and tambourine offer a backbeat that propels the music forward. And even though the subject of dying, and being done with suffering is the main point of the music it is still joyous and very uplifting.

I think that blues music inherited this from gospel music.

"Trouble of this World" by Abbot Kinney Lighthouse Choir


3 comments:

Coffee Messiah said...

This is really nice.

I must admit, I'd go to any church that played this kind of music.

Sadly, I'd only go for the music though. ; (

Nice find & Cheers!

Tony Renner said...

oddly, this performance is from the tom hanks movie "the ladykillers."

great music, though!

Anonymous said...

You might enjoy the music of the Kenyan Boys Choir. Visit their website at http://www.kenyanboyschoir.com/

Also, be sure to check out their video thanking President Obama for his support during their rise to stardom - http://www.muzu.tv/kenyanboyschoir/thank-you-president-obama-music-video/246452