Monday, March 09, 2009

Double Trouble by Otis Rush

I Can't Quit You Baby:
The Complete Cobra Sessions
I Can't Quit You Baby: The Complete Cobra Sessions


People, watching the news on TV has given me the blues. It's that bad luck and trouble. They say you can make it if you try. Double Trouble, this is how I feel right now, and I'm sure there are a whole lot of you who feel the same way.
"I lay awake at night with thoughts of love, just so troubled
It is hard to keep a job, laid off, having double trouble

But hey hey yeah,
they say you can make it if you try,

Yes, some of this generation is millionares,
it's hard for me to keep decent clothes to wear

Your love has got me walking baby
and I have no place to go

Bad luck and trouble taken me
I have no money to show

But, hey hey to make it you've got to try
Baby that's no lie

Yes, some of this generation is millionares,
it is hard for me to keep decent clothes to wear"
From Otis Rush - I Can't Quit You Baby (The Blues Collection Vol.19) - 05 - Double Trouble

Double Trouble


Otis Rush and Eric Clatpon "Double Trouble"



Otis Rush - Live at Montreux 1986
Otis Rush - Live at Montreux 1986 (2006) DVD
Please click images


Otis Rush @Amazon.com

Otis Rush @SqueezeMyLemon

Eric Clapton @SqueezeMyLemon


2 comments:

Doug said...

The Rush-Clapton vid is blues heaven to me. I'm glad you post this stuff, because there is more out there than I could ever find or listen to, Mr. F.

Anonymous said...

Man, the Otis Rush Cobra recordings just do it for me completely. I am certain that Peter Green had those recordings memorized, as did Jimmy Page. Of course, SRV payed tribute to the man by naming his band after this song too.

The combo of Otis' pain-drenched vocals and Ike Turner's whammy-bar guitar tricks set the bar that others still aim for.