Sunday, April 19, 2009

I feel like going to Church: Bobby Jones Gospel

One staple of my teen years was the Bobby Jones Gospel Hour on TV. I remember hearing and seeing some of the great musicians that Bobby Jones featured on his show.

Watching videos like this always remind me of how much blues music and Gospel have in common.

Bobby Jones - Oh How I Love Jesus


According to Wikipedia;
Bobby Jones (born September 18, 1939) is a Grammy Award winning Gospel music singer and television host from Nashville, Tennessee and the host and executive producer of several cable television's Gospel music program including Bobby Jones Gospel.

Bobby Jones @Amazon.com


1 comment:

Ron Moorby said...

I always admire people like this - they have certainty, enthusiasm and smiles on their faces.

Mahalia Jackson for me!