Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sonny Boy Williamson I Documentary Clips

Complete Recorded Works, Vol. 5 (1945-1947) Sonny Boy Williamson (John Lee Williamson)
Complete Recorded Works, Vol. 5 (1945-1947)


Here is a short documentary film on the life of Sonny Boy Williamson, a pioneer of blues harmonica playing. Sonny Boy Williamson (John Lee Curtis Williamson, was born on 30 March 1914 and he was murdered on 1 June, 1948. He was first popular harmonica player to use the name Sonny Boy Williamson.

The film clips below give excellent bio information of Sonny Boy Williamson and shows photos of him and his wife.

I think that this film is important because I have noticed that some modern blues fans don't know that difference between Sonny Boy Williamson and Rice Miller. And I believe as a harmonica player it is important to study the playing of Sonny Boy Williamson.





Sonny Boy Williamson I @SqueezeMyLemon

Sonny Boy Williamson I @Amazon.com


1 comment:

mister anchovy said...

Excellent documentary! I'm mostly familiar with the material Sonny Boy recorded with Big Joe Williams. Excellent music!