Monday, January 18, 2010

Them with Van Morrison

I have been a fan of Them and Van Morrison since the start. It is always worth listening to some of the classics.

A customer review from Amazon UK

Van could do it all from slow soulful numbers(One more time) to fast, raw songs such as (route 66, Gloria and baby please don't go) if you like the Rolling Stones or anything bluesey you'll love this. In his earlier days Vans voice was brilliant sounding spitting image of Jagger.
This album has only 5 songs out of about 50 i don't like thats how good it is.
Listening to the album you feel as though it was recorded all while they were doing a live gig!!








The Story of Them Featuring Van Morrison


2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

No doubt Van Morrison was a stand-out performer from early on. When I hear Them, I have a hard time getting past how young he sounds in those cuts. I don't just mean his voice, but Mr. Morrison's whole vocal attack, which just got better and better as the years passed.

Still, it's fun to listen to this material again. I'd like to listen to some of their cuts back to back with the originals. For instance I Put a Spell on You back to back with Screamin Jay Hawkins or Baby Please Don't Go back to back with earlier versions such as the one recorded by Big Joe Williams and Sonny Boy Williamson.

Ron Moorby said...

It's a personal thing for me - teenage angst. Interesting idea about the back to back though - I must do it - after I get through listening to a couple of CD's I've just bought. Seasick Steve and Unthanks