Saturday, May 08, 2010

John Lee Hooker - Tupelo Blues

Did you read about the flood?
It happened long time ago, in a little country town, way back in Mississippi
It rained and it rained, it rained both night and day
The people got worried, they began to cry,
'lord have mercy, where can we go now?'




I know the story of this has him running away from home and his mother trying to find him. However if anyone out there can give a more detailed description that would be appreciated. I did see him a year before he died - still great.




4 comments:

idols girls said...

:-),have a nice day

Mike McLaren said...

This is why the blues are so great!

Ron Moorby said...

ertainly is

thx for your input - I will try to have a nice day xxx

jccb2244 said...

Blues Before Sunrise is my favorite Hooker tune, tops everything else he did in my opinion!