Friday, May 07, 2010

T Bone Burnett - Earlier Baghdad

Quite a pedigree

In addition to his solo work, Burnett has produced artists such as the BoDeans, Counting Crows, Tony Bennett and k.d. lang on the A Wonderful World album and The Wallflowers on Bringing Down the Horse. Burnett won Grammy Awards for the O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack and for his work with Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. He was nominated for an Oscar for his songwriting contribution to the film Cold Mountain, and won an Oscar for Best Original Song for "The Weary Kind" from Crazy Heart. He founded the record label DMZ, an imprint of Columbia, and was involved with Mark Heard and Tonio K in the short-lived What? Records. He also oversaw the music for the films Walk the Line and The Big Lebowski.


One True False Identity is a righteous rant about the state of the world, full of Marc Ribot guitar rattles, three drummers and hard boiled crime noir tales. This includes bonus track "Earlier Baghdad," a haunting solo act of contrition.

I am not important
I am a broken man
Throw myself on your mercy
You who have wronged me

I built my life in vainglory
I lost sight of the light
Where once I walked down streets of gold
I stumble through the darkness





The True False Identity


No comments: