Saturday, November 08, 2014

Thoughts On Taylor Swift.

Would someone please tell Taylor Swift, that if her music is not on Spotify, then I probably want be listening to her.

And I say that realizing that she is not aiming her music at people in my demographic (50 somethings who mostly listen to blues music), but I have listened to her music in the past.  Posted her music in some of my other blogs, and even promoted some of her albums.  I really liked her earlier music.

Her songs, before this last album, were in some of the playlist that I subscribe to, and I got to hear some of that music.  Too much like pop music for me though.

Her move probably works for her, and it might work in the short run, but in the long run I'm not sure it will work.

So how do I use Spotify?  I have gone back in time and recreated my album collection.  This is so cool, I mean I went back in time and saved some of the albums that I purchased back when I was in highschool.  Like Pink Floyd's "The Wall" for example.  And for those who say streaming does not support artist, consider that a music lover like me bought "The Wall" in every format that it was ever offered in, I owned the album, the eight track tape, the cassette tapes, and the mp3 files.  And I paid good money for each format.  So I don't feel bad that I can now stream this music that I love.

For those of us who like music that is not popular and not in the main stream, streaming net works are the best.  You can listen to a lot of Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf  & BB King on Spotify, and other streaming services.

So it will be interesting to see how this all plays out, will Taylor Swift's move of removing her music, mean that people will go back to buying their music in physical forms? Or will she put her music back on streaming services, once it is not as popular.

Maybe I'll get to listen to her then.


No comments: